Dad's Pictures 33 -

Friday, October 19, 2007

Pizza!

The title of this blog can't help but bring up great memories of when it used to be pizza day at school! The best lunch in the cafeteria. I spent the last few days with my dad and it was an amazing time, as always. Me, Stacy, mom, and Robb ordered pizza and wings on Wednesday and we asked dad if he would like a slice, since his wires have been removed and he is able to eat solid foods. He is supposed to be sticking to soft foods with little chewing so it was determined he would give the pizza a whirl, possibly minus the bread and crust since it would require some chewing. Stacy, Robb, and mom were enjoying their dinner in the waiting room and I decided to see if dad wanted his slice. I asked him if he wanted it cut and he said no - he wanted to be able to hold it. So, in comes the slice of cheese and away he went. That slice lasted about two minutes, crust and all. He didn't seem to have any problem at all finishing every little crumb...well almost every crumb, we did find one or two under him later when we adjusted him for bed. He finished it so fast that his nurse Michelle stepped away for a few minutes and came back and asked where the pizza went? We all laughed and we asked dad if he wanted another. He said he was having a tough time deciding between another piece or Cheez-its and some ice cream. A difficult choice indeed. Stacy convinced him that the Cheez-its and ice cream would be there tomorrow and that he better take advantage of the pizza while there was some left - no pizza leftovers last long around the Ferraro clan. So, he opted for another slice! Regardless of how old you are, pizza day is still the best day in the cafeteria!

Thanks to all for your continued love and support of our family! The support hasn't subsided since day one, which is truly amazing!

Thanks,

Scott

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I traveled back to Atlanta from my visit I realized something that I know to be fact, but I hadn't thought about in some time. Obviously, we are a close family. We would do anything for each other and we have mom and dad to thank for instilling the value of family. This is more for my brothers and sisters than anybody. I just wanted to tell you all - Todd, Dana, Stacy, and Robb - that I love you very much and truly enjoy spending every minute with you guys that I can. I realized that over the last eight weeks I not only look forward to my trips to Albany to visit mom and dad, but to see and spend time with you guys - I wish the circumstances were very different, but I love spending time with you all! It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions, but I know one thing to be true and that is that I never experienced any of those emotions alone - we were all in it together. Hopefully, our time at Albany Medical is coming to end and I will miss my trips to visit. Many people might say this experience has brought us closer, but I don't know if we could get any closer that we already are! Thank you mom and dad for leading by example. I love you all very much!

Love,

Scott

fishgal said...

clam pizza at FRANK PEPE in Manchester is open now
so Joe & Cindi we have a date
We hope soon .. so happy with your updates keep it up
lov the romes

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Yesterday was the Turkey Shoot -- You almost won--just missed by a couple of strokes. Peter won a Turkey but no one else in our group. Bad news !!!! The Red Sox made the WS. Oh well, maybe next year for the Yanks.
Happy to here the progess continues -- before you know it you'll be out of AMC and back to the real world.
Keep working hard - you've got to get to Gator Trace. Those 85's are looking for you.
Always our very best wishes and prayers,
Jeanne & Tom