Dad's Pictures 33 -

Friday, October 12, 2007

special delivery!

Hi everybody, my dad continues to do great! We all love to see him get stronger. I had the important job of transporting a very special parcel for my dad. It was made with love and packaged carefully and finally buckled safely into my car and driven 8 hours to Albany Med. What is this mystery package? It is the world's best homemade ice cream made by none other than my in-laws, Tim and Joanne. They own a family fun center (Swings-N-Things) in Cleveland, where we live and they make their own ice cream there. They made a fresh batch of coffee ice cream for my dad and put it in dry ice and off I went. The ice cream and I both arrived in safely. My dad's eyes got huge and his grin very wide when I told him what I had brought for him. He has already been enjoying it and sends a big THANK YOU to Tim and Joanne. Oh, and my siblings and mom can't wait to dip into the extra flavors you sent along for them. Thanks again. The wound vac girls have arrived to change my dad's wound vacs. I'll try to report again later.

Dana



2 comments:

Bev said...

What a great ice cream treat for Joe. It won't be too many weeks (maybe 1 more) until Joe's jaw is freed up, and he can have real food....amazing how we take so many functions of our body for granted, like chewing and eating. Sorry Cleveland fans, but watch those SOX GO! love, Bev

Anonymous said...

Yeah- we are so happy the package arrived safely. We love S&T ice cream. We were able to get together with Dana and were so happy to catch up. She keeps us posted regularly and we are so amazed at your progress. You are an inspiration to us all. Take care Tonya, Jason, Ella & Abby