Dad's Pictures 33 -

Saturday, November 3, 2007

DAY 72!!!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

I think some of you have probably heard by now that I was transferred from Albany Medical Center on "Day 70". I was evaluated and then offered a bed at Sunnyview Rehabilitation Center in Schenectady, N.Y.

Sunnyview is a top level, first class rehab facility. I have been told that if any place can get me walking again, Sunnyview is the place, and after being here for a day I believe it.

I am eager and excited with each new day to meet and exceed the goals that are set for me. All the good wishes, prayers and love from all of you got me through 70 days at Albany Med and I am confident, even though the road is going to be challenging, that with all of you behind me I will walk out of Sunnyview on my own two legs soon.

I am eternally grateful and indebted to each and every one you who have taken the time and care to check in on me over the last 10 weeks. Thank you all very much!



GETTING STRONGER EVERY DAY!



JOE



AKA> Popo, Dad, Uncle Joe, Joey, Joseph, Joe Pie, Little Joe, Mr. Ferraro,

Mr. F, Tractor Man, Miracle Man, The Tank.

Or any other name you may know me by.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Popo,
I am glad that you are finally out of the hospital and on your way to your old self again. We have missed you so much and your weekly visits to Greenwich. It hasn't been the same around here without you. You gave us all a pretty big scare but you got through it. It's amazing...you're amazing. We all love and miss you very much and we are so glad that you are ok. Once you are all settled and ready for visitors I will be up to see you. Love you lots Popo!!! Love Alyssa

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear from you, Joe! Sunnyview sounds like a great place. Forward progress! Yeah!
Cindi, I hope you are able to take advantage of the massage therapy as well!

Healthy hugs to both of you!

Tom Hamilton said...

Hey Joe,
It's about time you got off your butt -- We are so happy for you to have moved to the next stage and we look forward to seeing you soon. Bravo!!!!
Our very best wishes,
Jeanne & Tom

claudiamcovell said...

Hey Joe,
Harvey just found out about your
mishap on Friday. We are both so
sorry but glad to here that you
are now at a rehab center. We're
sending our best wishes to you &
your entire wonderful family.
Keep up the great progress.
Claudia & Harvey

Anonymous said...

Popo-

Yeah we are so excited for you!! You have been through so much- we are so happy that you are out of the hospital and on your way at Sunnyview! We think about you often. Take care!! Tonya, Jason, Ella and Abby.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, what great news to hear you are ready for rehab., and you are emailing. We've been checking the blog about once a week, what a great family you've been blessed with, certainly something to live for and enjoy. I'm sure their good incentive to work hard to get back home. We will continue to pray for you , God bless, Terry

Jason Perra said...

Joey: Great news to hear that your out, and one step closer in the recovery process. I just have one question though, does sunnyview know what there getting into!!!! just kidding... Seriously Joe keep up the good fight, you are a great man and Bethany and I love ya. Let me know when your ready I'll smoke up some ribs, and wood fire some wings and steaks. We'll have some bloody ceaser's and have a cigar. Till then you stay strong, and if things get tough, turn to your family... You couldn't ask for a better one than them. Hope to see ya soon, Love Bethany, Jason, and Molson