Dad's Pictures 33 -

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday from Block Island, RI

I had to return to the island for a few days of work before I head back to Albany. I had no idea that it would be harder to be away than it was to be at the hospital. At least when I was there I could check in with my mom and the nursing staff (which for the most part, have been extremely good to my father) about the little things like if the feeding tube is back in and if anybody has addressed his toe yet...mom, that's a hint to you to let me know when you can. I do not want to call and call (like some oldest brothers I know), but when you have time give me a quick call.

This blog was intended to be a thank you to all of you out there who are pulling for Popo/'lil Joe/Joey/the little guy and the many other nicknames he has aquired over the years. While I was there at the hospital I felt quite strong, because looking at my dad lying in his hospital bed gave me such a sense of confidence and strength that was completely unexpected. You would think just the opposite, but my dad's strength as you all know, is like no other.

Anyway, I keep trying to get to the point. I know the blog is meant to update you on Joe's progress but I had to let you know that I am sitting here in a public library on Block Island weeping. Not beacuase I am sad, but because to read all of these comments from people whose lives have been touched by my dad is overwhelming. I have always known what an unbelievably wonderful man he is, and I am glad that you all feel the same way.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all of your thoughts, prayers and kind words. Keep sending them, we can feel their power.

Love,

Stacy (the daugther who frequently makes Popo show his financial generosity :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Stacy and the Ferraro Family,
I am praying for Joe and keeping all of you in my thoughts everyday. Thanks so much for providing daily updates on how your dad is recovering. You are such an amazing family, and it's really wonderful to see such strength and positivity from all of you during this time. I have such fond memories of Joe, and the entire family, from my many days spent at the Ferraro house in high school!! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and am wishing Joe a safe surgery on Tuesday, and a speedy recovery.
Love, Tina Grigoriou

Anonymous said...

Dear Ferraros,

I am so happy to hear about Joeys progress over the last week or so. After speaking to Rob on thursday I was left with uncertainty. I then didn't have cell service for the whole weekend and was completely out of the loop. I spent the weekend in the woods camping and of course thinking about Joe and all of you guys. I could in a sense feel the power and energy sorrounding him every time I thought about him. I am a person who's life Joe has touched in countless ways allthough he probably doesn't even know it. Me and Rob recently spent a week in Colorado and Joes courage, love, strength and wisdom were common focal points of conversation. He is an amazing person sorrounded by an amazing family. I am hoping for a smooth recovery and can't wait to see that smile again.

With Love,
John Stanton

Anonymous said...

Dear Ferraro's; I am not sure you received my last comment,so will try again. My heart goes out to all of you, along with prayers and wishes for comfort, peace and strength. May the good Lord sustain you. Fondly, Martha Kuzmeski

Anonymous said...

Dear Ferraro Family -- Thank you so much for keeping us posted on Joe's progress. We were so pleased to hear that he had made strides and even asked Cindi for a kiss. Our positive thoughts are with you everyday and we are keeping a close watch on your blogs. You have a very strong and wonderful family and you will make it through this just fine.
Ken and Becky Welch
NAPA Maine

Jeff said...

Dear Ferraro's
We just learned of Joe's accident.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Joe, Cindy and the whole family.

I can truly tell you that Joe has had a strong influence on helping Diane and me raise our 3 daughters. Showing us how love and affection can be such powerful tools to motivate and mold our children.

For this I will be forever grateful.

We are thinking about you everyday. Please stay strong.
Fondly,
Jeff Lipes

Anonymous said...

i cant beleve its been a week...we miss and think about you and Joe every day.
Cindy we missed you at dottie today , but don't feel bad I was only there for a little bit. I had babysitting duties today. Larry and I know you will fight hard ... your doing a great job, JOE
Joe we wish you a safe recovery
Lov,jackie

Anonymous said...

Cindi, Scott, Todd, Stacy, Dana, and Rob,

Dan and I are praying for Joe's recovery from this terrible accident. I know that he has the strength to heal. You are all in our thoughts each day as you face each new challenge of the healing process. We have had some great times together as a family and Joe being the eldest cousin has been a mentor in many respects to all of us, showing us his love and caring for family. We wish Joe God Speed to recovery. Much love to all of you.