Dad's Pictures 33 -

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back from X-Rays

To start off, I would like to thank Jason, Omer and everyone at The Hills for making that awesome video card. I just finished viewing it and will show it to my dad as soon as he is ready. Right now they have just brought him back from X-Rays which always entails a lot of moving and shifting of his body. Unfortunately, this very often makes him nauseous. Right now that is a big problem because if he gets sick, they will have to cut the wires in his mouth. We definitely don't want that to happen for two reasons; number one, they already felt like that window of opportunity was almost closed to get the jaw wired shut, and now it's a few days later so it will surely be closed. Number two, my dad will be so pissed (excuse the language) if he has to go through this jaw-wiring procedure again. As it is he is not happy with the extra week they have tacked on to the length of time it has to remain wired. As he said, "I never agreed to that (extra week)". We are trying to convince him that the doctors do have his best interest at heart. You can't blame the poor guy, how miserable does that sound to have your mouth wired shut on top of everything else he is going through. He is still able to make the nurses and doctors laugh...everybody loves him, but you all know that already. Keep praying for him, he is getting stronger everyday (that feeding tube is helping to rebuild his strength).
Thanks,
Stacy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ferraro family!!
I just checked the blog and was glad to read that things are looking up for joe. Sounds like he had a couple of bumps in the road, but with the combination of love, support, strength and determination, he hurdled over the bumps. What an amazing guy! I wish joe nothing but good days and sunny skies going forward. Hang in there. You are a wonderful family and we miss you guys! Livestrong!!
Courtney Carr
Tell Scott that I am finding my way around Atlanta! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Stacy ....thanks for your update and regarding the video "get well card" I am glad you enjoyed it.... hope your mom and dad enjoy it as well ...let us know

I must say that it was all Jason from idea ,taping and delivery ... I know that Jason feels very close to Joey and it was a labor of love....

And thanks to all the folks at the Hills on the video and support from Patti and Frank Schroll for Jason ...clearly the folks back here at GHCC at pulling for Joe and Cindi in thier thoughts and prayers

Best Regards Omer "O"

Anonymous said...

Joe, Cindi and family.....Thanks for the update and the chore of keeping us all informaed of all that Joe and and all of you are going thru.It is mind boggling to read of the additional injuries that they have found. We hope that this is it...please.... and full recovery is now the course of events.
We wish good days and good healing for Joe.
Elliot and Janet

Anonymous said...

Hi Ferraro family!

Dick and I keep current on the progress of Joe and the family. Thanks so much for keeping the updates.

We think of you constantly and continue to pray for Joes recovery and for strength for the family.

Your family has always been very special to us.

Love
Dottie & Dick

Anonymous said...

Dear Ferraro,
You don't know me, but I have had the pleasure of knowing Joe for over 20 years. Ever since I transferred north to Albany with GPC in 1986, I have gotten to know Joe thru various company meetings, etc.
There are few people that I have ever worked with who were as professional, dedicated, humorous as Joe. A real gentleman in every way.
I have been following his progress thru the blog, and will continue to do so. I will also continue to keep Joe, and the entire Ferraro family, in my prayers. If any of you need ANYTHING during your stay's in ALbany, I am in the phone book & everyone at NAPA Albany & Conn has my cell phone.
Get well Joe!

Terry Ryan

Anonymous said...

Cindi and gang--Thanks for keeping us informed on Joe's progress. This whole scenario has been just unbelieveable! Please know that Joe is in our prayers, as well as all of you. Sounds like Joe will be the new "Bionic Man" after all his surgeries. Stay strong.
Cousins, Cindy & John

Anonymous said...

Joe & Cindi,
It's always good to here that some progress has been made. I am sure that you, as we, always wish it could/would go quicker. Hang in there -- it seems that the light at the other end of the tunnel has gotten a little bit brighter.
PS - On the wired jaw issue, having played so much golf with Joe and having had to listen to him chatter and give digs when putts are missed this wired shut thing might not be so bad. Just kidding.
Keep the faith,
Jeanne & Tom

dana said...

popo,
The sorge's love and heart you. we made some pictures for you. mommy will bring them to you. please get better soon.
love, turner, annabelle and maddy-girl

Anonymous said...

Cindi, Joe & Family,
The one weekend I don't play golf and Omer and Jason make the video.
What a great thing to do. I'm sorry Di and I missed out.
You all are in our thoughts and prayers, especially Joe.
As difficult as it is to read the blog some days, I continue to try and imagine how Joe is making it through this tragic event.
The answers are many, but family, faith and love are some of the major reasons.
Keep up the good fight.
We continue to think of you daily.
Fondly,
Keith & Diana