Dad's Pictures 33 -

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Big day for Joe!

Hi Everybody. My dad got to sit up in a chair today! It was exhausting and a process for everybody but well worth it. That is pretty big news from a guy who has been almost flat on his back for 34 days. He also gave himself a shave today. The phsyical therapist gave him some clay to manuever in his hands to help with the nerve damage in his arms/fingers. He said it feels good to use his hands. They are also pleased with the strength in his ankels and legs. Yesterday, my dad had a filter put in below his kidneys to catch any blood clots from going to his heart. He was in the o.r. for the procedure but had a local anesthetic and was awake during the process. The infectious disease control team thinks the antibiotics are doing the job they need to on the infection. Let's hope the week continues this way. By the way the plastic surgery team thinks it will be another 2 weeks or so before they do anymore grafting b/c they want to see if the integra they put on will allow more of my dads own skin to begin to grow.
That's it for now. I don't know about all of you but today feels like a really great day! Go Joe go!

Dana

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindi and Joe,
Annette and I are so happy to have read that joe was sitting up and progressing. We will not stop keeping him in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Vinny and Annette Cortese

Anonymous said...

It certainly gives us a lift to hear good news. We will still remember Joe in our prayers and now we have more to give thanks for. Keep it coming.
Frank and Alice Lalla

dana said...

Popo,
Annabelle found a blow flower on our walk yesterday. When she blew she said "I wish I wish that Popo's boo boos get better quick." Maddy-girl wants to know what flavor medicine you are taking. If she asks you, I told her cherry. Again, if she asks, I told her you do like cherry. She told me to tell to make sure you take all of your medicine so that your boo boos get all better.
We are all so thrilled that you had a good day. We miss you so much. I'll see you friday.

love, Dana, Sorge, Turner, Annabelle and Madalynne

Robb said...

lil' Joe,
It makes my heart smile to see your continual progress. I have watched you battle, first hand , on about 23 or 24 of these days and am still in amazement at how you have handled this situation. It truly, truly is inspirational. It doesn't hurt to also realize you have passed on that DNA. Thanks for everything that you do not even know you have given to me and so many others through this ordeal. A smiling heart R-boy

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What great news! We hope and pray for continued progress. Our hearts are with you. Keep up the good work.

Bev said...

You go, Joe!! You are amazing everyone with your strength and progress (even the docs, I suspect). A woman I work with, Carol Perry, wants me to bring you oil blessed by a priest in the Mission Church in Boston, well know for miraculous healings of the sick. Carol believes that both she and her sister were healed from cancer from the healing power of this oil. I told her I was going to see you over the weekend, and she is going to try and get some oil. Might as well access every possibility available!Everyone, even those who don't know you, are moved by your story and strength. love, Bev