Dad's Pictures 33 -

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Good morning from Albany Medical Center. My dad got the magic sleeping potion last night and finally got a good nights sleep. He really needed it. He was up for awhile this morning and he is back asleep. He has had a lot on his mind and comfortable, peaceful sleep is like a gift, we are so happy. It is the little things these days.

We don't have too much else to report except that one of my dad's roommates was a bit of a surprise to him. Yesterday he watched a "neighbor" shuffle by his bed to go to the bathroom. He didn't even flinch until he saw the two armed guards following behind him. My dad's eyes got wide and he said "Is that guy in jail?" Little did my dad know that was the second roommate he had that was from the correctional facility. He just laughed and we realized that everybody gets sick and hurt and that everybody needs care. I was not going to put this on the blog, however, my dad turned to me and said "Did you put that on the blog?" As you can see, we never have a dull moment here.

As usual, thank you all for keeping up the fight with my dad. This is just the first few miles of the marathon, we have a long way to go.

Dana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe and Family, Things have been sounding much better this week. We continue to pray and think about you every day. Here's to an even better week that finds you all feeling stronger and further down the road of recovery.

Vera in Addison, NY