Dad's Pictures 33 -

Monday, October 1, 2007

October 1st-Rabbit Day

I actually saw a rabbit tonight when I arrived at the Fisher House for a quick bite to eat...I will take that as a sign of good luck for the week to come! My dad looked great when I saw him today after being gone for a few days. A couple of the nurses were looking at the pictures of our family we have hanging in his room and commented on how different he looks after losing so much weight. I was just thinking that he is starting to look like himself again. He has definitely put a few pounds of that weight he lost back on again. His face is filling out a little bit, but that is an improvement from last week. Best thing of all today his spirits were really good! They have been a lot in the last few weeks but it is always great to see him fighting the battle with as little pain and nausea as possible. Side note-when I asked if he wanted anything for the nausea he said "no, I'd rather wait until we are done with my exercises 'cause you are just going to make me sick as it is!" As you can see his humor is still in tact.
Out for now-Stacy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe
Just a note to let you all know
that we are thinking of you and checking the Blog every day and are amazed at the progress you have made and the strength you and your family have. GO JOE GO.

Thom and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
Vinny and I have been keeping close track of your progress. We are so proud of you. In Psalm 32, it says, You are my hiding place from every storm in life; you even keep me from getting into trouble! I will advise you and watch your progress. Many sorrows come to the wicked, but abiding love surrounds those who trust in the Lord. We continue to pray for you
Annette {Vinny's wife}